February 26, 2009

invisible monsters

just a quick update. i just got home about an hour ago from my first night of volunteer work(playing and having fun with homeless children) and it was such a blast. i was so nervous at first and was also having a very stressful day but the 2 hours i spent playing with the children(there were only 2 tonight) definitely brought my day to a nice end. we had a blast painting and reading a pop up book and playing with plastic food and hiding from invisible monsters. i ended up with paint all over my hands and my cheeks being mega sore from laughing the whole time. the kids were hilarious and had so much energy and imagination, i'm so exhausted! i'm looking forward to next weeks visit.

i signed up through horizons for homeless children


next week i'm also finishing my chest piece, finally.

No comments: